I have a big thank you today for Joan of the Marlton Trainer blog, who has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Joan is a personal trainer who always posts inspirational quotes related to personal fitness, and she has just completed a 31 Days to a Better Butt series.
The fun of this award is that it comes with questions. I think this is a great way to share more information about me as a person with you other than just naming lists of foods that I eat! So here we go.
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging? When a person is trying to lose weight, it becomes a major focus. I have devoted a lot of head space to planning, tracking, and portioning food, exercise, and weight loss in general. Friends and family would not enjoy hearing about these topics nearly as much as I think about them! Blogging gives me a chance to go on and on about these subjects as much as I want to without talking anyone’s ear off, because the readers who come here are people who are also on the journey and find the topic interesting and the minutia of my personal experience useful. At least I hope so!
- Have you been or aspire to be published? I’ve started lots of stories without finishing one. This year I’ve decided to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for the first time. That means that I’m going to try to write 50,000 words during the month of November. Will I ever be published? Who knows? But I’d like to at least complete a story for my own satisfaction. And I’ve bought myself a NanoWriMo “winner’s” t-shirt. In NaNoWriMo parlance, a winner is someone who has finished their 50,000 words during November. I’m telling myself I’m not allowed to wear it unless I “win”. I really hate wasting money, so I hope this will keep me motivated!
- What makes you happy? Good food, dry humor, creativity flowing, tranquil times with my family, making a connection, those moments when you can sense your place in the universe
- What is your scariest moment? While I was in labor I thought my daughter’s heart stopped beating. I very clearly remember the sound of her heart rate monitor stopping and mine going off the charts in response. It was nothing; the sensor had just moved. I have never been so grateful.
- What upcoming movie or TV show are you looking forward to most? I just heard they’re planning a new Star Trek series. The one I would really love for them to make would be a series about a timeship enforcing the temporal prime directive, but I’m very much looking forward to see what this one will be about!
- Which season is your favorite? I love Autumn. There is just so much to love about it: cool air, dressing in layers, pumpkins, squirrels, changing leaves, that earthy smell, hot drinks. No other season comes close, in my book.
- Do you enjoy the holidays and if so which do you like the most? I love Thanksgiving. I don’t celebrate Christmas but I do enjoy the abundance of peppermint, cinnamon, and pine smells at that time of year.
- Are you more of a homebody or a person that goes out? I am a homebody by nature, but no one really just gets to stay home. I go out most days of the week to get errands done, or to volunteer, or to take my daughter to the playground. I try to go the long way around to get more walking in these days. Every once in awhile the mood strikes just to go out and have some fun and when that happens I usually make a big day of it.
- Would you consider yourself an Introvert or an Extrovert? I’m almost as introverted as it is possible for a human to be.
- What is your favorite animal and why? I have a real fondness for squirrels. I love how they gather, store, and eat acorns. And they’re smart! I heard that if an animal is following them who they suspect is going to steal their nut they pretend to bury it then carry it away somewhere else. Fooled you, nut-thief!
Fun part number two: I get to nominate more people for this award! These are bloggers who I find inspiring, who remind me that I’m not the only one going through this, and whose writing I find entertaining and relatable.
Here Are The Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
And here are my questions for these lovely bloggers. I repeated some of the previous questions. What can I say? I’m standing on the shoulders of giants.
- Why do you blog?
- Which of your own blog posts is your favorite?
- Which super power do you wish for?
- If you had a day to yourself with no responsibilities and no financial limits, what would you do?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Are you a homebody or someone who loves to go out?
- What three completely impractical items would you pack for your stay on desert island?
- What’s the weirdest thing in your purse right now?
- Books or movies?
- Choose your (arts & crafts) weapon.
- What’s the dorkiest thing I can convince you to admit that you love way too much?