- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 3/4 cups sprouted brown lentils
- Salt and pepper
- One dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, divided into 8 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Whisk the eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a wide, nonstick ovenproof saute pan. Saute the onions in the butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Add the lentils to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and continue to saute until they brown slightly.
- Remove from heat. Shake the pan to distribute the lentils evenly. Give the eggs a bit more whisking and pour the mixture over the lentils. Arrange the cheese evenly in a circle near the edge of the pan so that each slice will get a piece.
- Bake until the egg is just set, 20-30 minutes. If the egg is no longer liquid in the center, it is ready; don’t wait for it to brown or the egg will become dry.
Makes 8 servings. Leftovers can be served cold.
This comes out to 7 Weight Watchers Points Plus for 1/8 of the frittata.